Winslow is one of the leading civil construction companies in Australia. The team at Winslow manage the design and construction of civil engineering projects for government, corporate property developers, and private landowners. Their expertise includes residential subdivision, road and bridge construction, road infrastructure, industrial and commercial sub-division, bulk earthworks, and land remediation.
Winslow was experiencing high usage of mobile devices and laptops as their employees were working from home due to Covid restrictions. This catalysed the review of their service provider at the time and highlighted the issue of managing and securing their edge devices.
The challenges identified were:
- Concern over the currency of the device management with laptops & mobile being managed via two separate products.
- Concern over mobile devices being unprotected.
- Concern over security management for email.
- The ability to manage device and applications remotely when not domain joined.
Oreta provided a managed security service for end points, laptops and mobile devices which included a combination of:
- Migration of devices to Microsoft Intune to allow full management of the edge device to maintain current patches and configuration management.
- Rollout of Sentinel One XDR for end point protection.
- Azure AD Identity for Multi-factor authentication and conditional access for the end point.
- Deployment of Palo Alto Global Protect for VPN connection from users’ devices to corporate applications.
- Transfer of email security tools: Proofpoint.
- Providing managed security services including ongoing management for the configuration of the SaaS Security services.