The Purpose of this Policy is to ensure the commitment of Oreta in protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of any personal information provided to us. We comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and other relevant state laws in relation to the management of personal information.
This policy applies to all employees, contractors, third-party vendors and all the affiliates associated with Oreta who handle the personal information pertaining of our customers.
When used in this Policy, “personal information” has the meaning given in the Privacy Act. Generally, it means any information or an opinion that could be used to personally identify you.
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect personal information from you when we deal with you over the phone, when you have contact with us in person or when you interact with us online (including, but not limited to, our websites and social media channels (for example, Facebook, and LinkedIn).
This collection may be a part of sales enquiry to provide you services, prepare SOW, charge you for the managed services, manage the client database, service agreements, contact you, and other reasons solely for business purposes.
Personal Information we collect may include,
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Bank Account Details (Vendors only)
Wherever possible, Oreta will try to collect personal information from you directly, rather than from another person or source, unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so.
Use of Personal Information
- Respond to your requests/requirements based on your online query made from our website (www.oreta.com.au)
- Submit the proposals/SOWs for the services as chosen/requested by you.
- Provide the necessary services which are not limited to Cloud, Network, Security, and other managed services as per Oreta’s portfolio of services.
- Raising the Purchase Orders, billing, invoicing, and other financial transactions as part of the services.
- General communication regarding the services as requested by you.
- For investigation purposes during any security incident.
- Some of the functions and services relating to the purpose for which you have provided personal information may be outsourced to third party external service providers.
- When we contract external services providers, we may provide them with your personal information, but only to the extent required for them to fulfil that contract.
- Where you have agreed to receive Oreta emails, we may use your personal information to send you emails about our programs, campaign, or activities.
- You will be provided with an opportunity in each email communication to decline to receive any further communications from Oreta by unsubscribing.
- Your personal data collected by Oreta may be provided to Law enforcement agencies as requested by such agencies during a security/privacy incidents/investigation.
Other than for the purposes described above, Oreta will not use your personal information without your prior consent.
Security and Disclosure of the Personal Information
- Oreta takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of all information we collected.
- All personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
- All personal information is maintained in a secure environment, which can be accessed only by authorised personnel.
- Oreta does not request or store any Credit card Information.
- Oreta does not directly transfer or disclose personal information from Australia to any countries overseas.
- If you believe any of the personal information, we hold about you is not accurate, complete, or current, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information or delete it. To request that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted, please contact email@example.com
If you want to make a complaint regarding our privacy practices (including any suspected breach of the Australian Privacy Principles) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Oreta shall investigate your complaint if it is not unpleasant or impractical. We will contact you within a reasonable period to advise you of the outcome of your complaint. We will work with the appropriate regulatory authorities (if any), to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal information that we cannot resolve with you directly.
Exception & Exemption