In this blog post, we will explore the guideline for selecting the ideal cloud provider to suit your business needs. Whether you’re grappling with cloud solutions, software development, cybersecurity, or any other technological facet, join us as we uncover the secrets to effectively discerning the ideal service provider that aligns with your organisation’s unique needs and propels your business towards sustained success.
When choosing the right cloud provider, you should consider the below factors:
According to a Gartner report, almost all legacy applications migrated to public cloud infrastructure as a service (IaaS) will need optimisation to become more cost-effective by 2024. This underscores the critical role of a cloud provider’s expertise in maximising the benefits of cloud solutions.
A cloud provider’s deep expertise is essential for maximising cloud potential while minimising risks and complexities because it allows for:
- Strategic Alignment: Deep expertise aids in selecting a cloud solution that aligns with your business goals, driving efficiency and innovation.
- Risk Mitigation: A knowledgeable provider can navigate the complexities of cloud implementation, minimising risks such as operational disruptions and security vulnerabilities.
- Optimal Resource Utilisation: Expert providers can help identify the cloud services that deliver the most value for your unique needs, ensuring effective resource usage.
- Futureproofing: An expert provider stays updated with latest trends, helping your business adapt and leverage these advancements, safeguarding your technology investment.
- Vendor Management: Deep expertise simplifies navigation through the complex cloud ecosystem, ensuring seamless integration between different vendors.
Some pivotal questions to ask your cloud provider about their expertise should include:
- Can you describe your experience with cloud solutions similar to our needs?
- What is your process for understanding our business needs and aligning them with the right cloud solution?
- How do you ensure the solutions you provide are future-proof?
- Can you explain how you mitigate risks during cloud migration and implementation?
- What strategies do you employ for optimal resource utilisation in the cloud?
- Can you share your experience managing multiple vendors in the cloud ecosystem?
RightScale’s 2020 State of the Cloud Report shows that 31% of businesses see cloud cost optimisation as a significant challenge when scaling cloud services, emphasising the necessity of professional scalability support.
The quality of scalability support is crucial when selecting a cloud service provider for the following reasons:
- Future Growth: Scalability support ensures the IT infrastructure grows with the business, accommodating increased traffic, data, and complex applications without performance loss.
- Cost Efficiency: The elasticity of cloud solutions, allowing resources to scale based on demand, ensures businesses pay only for what they use, optimising IT spending.
- Performance Maintenance: Scalability support guarantees consistent service to customers, even as the business scales.
- Innovation Support: Scalability enables quick testing and implementation of new ideas without heavy upfront investment, propelling innovation.
Some pivotal questions to ask your cloud provider about their scalability support should include:
- How will your cloud solutions adapt to our growing needs, such as increased traffic or data volume?
- What is your strategy for adding resources to accommodate our business growth?
- How do you maintain high performance levels as the demands on our cloud resources increase?
- How does scaling up or down reflect on our billing and overall cloud expenses?
- Can you provide examples of how you’ve helped other businesses scale their cloud services successfully?
According to the Microsoft 2020 State of Global Customer Service report, 58% of customers say customer service is a very important factor when choosing a brand, signifying the vital role of customer service in client decision-making. As Bill Gates once said, “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning,” emphasising the importance of responsive and effective customer service in any business.
Effective customer service is crucial when selecting a cloud service provider due to the following reasons:
- Immediate Assistance: In today’s fast-paced digital world, quick resolution of issues is paramount. Good customer service ensures swift and effective responses, minimising potential downtime.
- Product Understanding: A customer service team with deep product knowledge can guide businesses to better utilise their cloud services, boosting operational efficiency.
- Relationship Building: Exceptional customer service fosters a strong business relationship, promoting trust and long-term commitment.
- Issue Prevention: Proactive customer service can identify and rectify potential issues before they escalate, improving overall system reliability.
Some pivotal questions to ask your cloud provider about their customer service should include:
- What is your support response times, and do you provide 24/7 assistance?
- How does your team handle issue escalation and resolution?
- Can you provide specific examples of how your customer service team has gone above and beyond to support a client?
- How do you gather and incorporate customer feedback into your services and support?
Managed Services – Cloud Operations
According to a report from MarketsandMarkets, the managed services market is expected to grow from USD 223.0 billion in 2020 to USD 329.1 billion by 2025, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8.1% during the forecast period. This data highlights the increasing demand and value businesses place on managed services in the realm of cloud computing.
The inclusion of managed services is vital when choosing a cloud service provider for the following reasons:
- Operational Efficiency: Managed services allow businesses to concentrate on their core tasks by outsourcing IT management, thus improving productivity.
- Cost Savings: Managed services can lead to significant cost savings by reducing the need for in-house IT teams and infrastructure.
- Risk Reduction: With expert handling of IT aspects, managed services help mitigate the risk of data loss, downtime, and cyber threats.
- Access to Expertise: Managed services bring specialised knowledge and skills, which can lead to better IT decision-making and innovation.
Some pivotal questions to ask your cloud provider about their managed services should include:
- What managed services do you offer, and how do they enhance the base cloud services?
- How do your managed services improve operational efficiency and security?
- Can you provide examples of how your managed services have added value to other businesses?
- How does your managed services model reflect on our overall cloud expenses?
Migration / Integration Support and Security
According to a 2020 report by Fortinet, 74% of organisations have moved some applications into the cloud and then moved them back on-premises, indicating the complexities of the migration process. Moreover, a Gartner study found that through 2025, at least 99% of cloud security failures would be the customer’s fault, emphasising the need for expert migration, integration, and security support.
Migration, integration support and security are critical when selecting a cloud service provider for the following reasons:
- Smooth Transition: Expert support ensures a seamless migration, minimising disruption to business operations.
- Optimised Performance: Proper integration allows businesses to leverage their cloud services fully, enhancing performance and efficiency.
- Data Protection: Robust security measures protect sensitive business data from unauthorised access and cyber threats.
- Risk Reduction: Expert planning and execution of the migration process mitigate risks of data loss or system downtime. Similarly, stringent security measures help prevent potential cyber threats.
Some pivotal questions to ask your cloud provider about their mitigation support and security should include:
- What is your process for migrating systems to the cloud, and how do you ensure minimal disruption to our operations?
- How do you ensure seamless integration between the cloud services and our existing systems?
- What security measures do you have in place to protect our data and applications in the cloud?
- Can you provide examples of migrations, integrations, and security measures you’ve successfully implemented for other businesses?
Additionally, outstanding customer service fosters trust and minimizes downtime. Managed services enhance operational efficiency, cut costs, and mitigate risks. Comprehensive support for migration, integration, and security ensures a smooth transition and data protection. By asking pivotal questions, you can partner with the right provider for a successful digital future.
At Oreta, we stand as the premier cloud service provider for businesses in Australia. With our deep expertise, proven track record, and strong partnerships with major cloud platforms, we deliver exceptional solutions tailored to our clients’ unique needs. Our focus on managed security services, compliance assistance, scalability support, transparent pricing, and outstanding customer service is what sets us apart. We ensure seamless migration and integration processes, enabling businesses to unlock the full potential of the cloud. Trust Oreta as your strategic cloud partner and experience the power of cloud technology to drive your business forward.
Contact us now for a no obligation chat.