The Aboriginal Health Council of South Australia Inc. (AHCSA) represents Aboriginal health and alcohol and other drug use services, and Aboriginal health advisory committees in South Australia, both at a state and national level. 3 of 12 health service providers formed a joint venture to provide their IT services.
- Reactive approach to issues rather than proactive monitoring of the environment to identify failures before users report them.
- No reporting on issues raised by users. Users have stopped reporting issues as there has been no action or communication on previously raised issues.
- Lack of user confidence reduces the possibility of extending the service to other Aboriginal Health Services in South Australia
- Were on a legacy platform and could not benefit from the operational gains from moving to a newer platform
- Migrated the environment to a newer platform to provide operational gains and lower TCO
- Transitioned support of the environment and service desk with no support from the incumbent vendor and was able to do that with minimal disruption to the business
- The end users noted that performance of CSX was much faster, issues were being resolved faster and there appeared to be less issues on a day to day basis.
"It is testament to Oreta's ability to have solved some very major technical issues in such short notice and with such tight deadlines."
Dan Kyr, Nunyara Aboriginal Health Service Incorporated