NCI Packaging services many of the region’s leading manufacturers and brands. NCI has evolved from a specialist manufacturer of cans to become a key product partner to many of Australia’s leading paint, food and aerosol brands.
- NCI infrastructure was on a legacy platform which was approaching end of life and the cost of maintaining the environment was becoming more expensive for both Telstra and NCI.
- As infrastructure and cloud platforms had greatly improved substantial gains and lower TCO can be achieved by migrating to a newer platform.
- Coupled with this, NCI decided to upgrade their network and security devices to optimize their network traffic as well as implement a “best practice” backup regime.
- Migrated from original platform (Telstra CSD) to Telstra’s CSX Generation 2 with minimal business impact.
- As part of the initial Stage 1 (Discover, Assess, Design), NCI took up the recommendation to improve their bandwidth to 9 sites around Australia and New Zealand, optimize their network with NetScaler and firm up their security processes with Palo Alto NextGen Firewalls.
- Established the backup process utilizing Veeam.