Oreta [o-re-ta] : is derived from Old Greek origins and means
Cloud Pre-Sales Specialist (Sydney)
Role Commitment: Full Time.
Basic Criteria: Must be a Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia.
Company and Position Overview:
- Sydney based.
- Fast paced and focused on leading edge technology.
- 16th in CRN’s Fast 50.
- 2017 ARN Women in ICT Awards (WIICTA) finalist.
- Winner, New Partner of the Year NetApp Partner Awards.
Oreta is a rapidly expanding Australian-owned cloud systems integrator. Incubated in Melbourne, we are growing in Sydney, India and the United States. We aim to be the partner of choice for organisations wanting to accelerate innovation and drive down IT costs. We are passionate about how technology and the Cloud can help our clients enhance their business outcomes.
We take your career development as seriously as you do, and we offer the ability to complete industry aligned training and certifications.
The Cloud Pre-Sales Specialist,through their passion for excellence and continual drive for learning and growth, will be accountable for engaging with both prospective and existing clients around their journey to cloud. You will be an integral part of client engagement, taking the lead in understanding the clients’ requirements, developing the technical design and presenting to stakeholders. You will have a strong desire to learn and keep yourself abreast of technology changes and become a thought leader for your customers. You should have exceptional communications skills, be comfortable presenting to big and small audiences and ready to get your hands dirty in fine detail.
What you will do:
- Directly support sales engagements with both Oreta and 3rd party sales people.
- Facilitate and participate in client discovery workshops.
- Create & design high level solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Present proposed solutions to customer stakeholders (business and technical) and 3rd parties.
- Manage effective handover of proposed solutions to delivery teams.
- Maintain a strong understanding and point of view on IT industry trends and be prepared to share knowledge with both internal and external parties.
- Complete any required training and where applicable associated certifications.
- Travel both nationally and internationally on an ad-hoc basis.
Experience and Skills, you will have:
- Exceptional communications skills (written, verbal & customer presentations) (Please do not apply if this is not you).
- 7-10 years relevant IT industry experience.
- 5 years’experience in a pre-sales/solution design role.
- Can work flexibly and across multiple client engagements in parallel.
- 2-3 years’ experience in public cloud (e.g. GCP/AWS/Azure/IBM).
- Preferably with a technical background in networking and infrastructure (server/storage).
- Familiarity with containers/virtualisation and associated use cases would be highly desirable.
- Bachelor Degree in ComputerScience, Engineering or Mathematics desirable.
- Demonstrate commitment to embedding our core values; Excellence, Passion, Learning & Growth.