Oreta [o-re-ta] : is derived from Old Greek origins and means
Cloud Engineer (Melb/Syd)
Reporting to: Head of Delivery.
Role Commitment: Full Time.
Location: Melbourne or Sydney.
Basic Criteria: Must be a Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia.
Company Overview:Fast paced and focused on leading edge technology:
- 16th in CRN’s Fast 50.
- 2017 ARN Women in ICT Awards (WIICTA) finalist.
- Winner, New Partner of the Year NetApp Partner Awards.
Oreta is a rapidly expanding Australian-owned cloud systems integrator. Incubated in Melbourne, we are growing in Sydney, India and the United States. We aim to be the partner of choice for organisations wanting to accelerate innovation and drive down IT costs. We are passionate about how technology and the Cloud can help our clients enhance their business outcomes.We take your career development as seriously as you do, and we offer the ability to complete industry aligned training and certifications.
What you will do:
- Develop and deliver efficient/repeatable infrastructure through the latest configuration management tools and Infrastructure as Code practices.
- Participate in internal and client projects using Waterfall, Agile and Scrum Methodologies.
- Embrace technologies that assist in the development and delivery of projects that is fit for purpose.
- Support the Cloud Architects to document and test detailed designs for cloud environments including cloud migration activities.
- Responsible for articulating technical solutions to customers.
- Participate in cloud migration activities and troubleshooting during cutover windows (after hours and weekends as requested and compensated with time in lieu).
- Participate in customer site assessments to review current state for cloud services and automation.
- Communicating with stakeholders including: Customers, Oreta offshore delivery arm and Partners (Telstra, AWS, Microsoft, Software vendors).
- Undertake research duties and knowledge transfer to the team.
- When you are not delivering projects, we encourage and provide opportunity to do certifications, self-learn to assist your development and enable.
Experience and Skills, you will have:
- Consider yourself customer/client facing who can naturally engage with clients and effectively communicate, both written and verbal.
- Has experience working with Linux and Windows environments, while being expert in either one of those flavors.
- Experienced working in complex enterprise environments including understanding of traditional infrastructure constructs.
- Good understanding of source code repository management and working knowledge of Git mainly branching, merging, pull requests and similar concepts.
- Working knowledge of Artifact repository management and concepts, as well as CI/CD build/test/release jobs and pipelines.
- Has worked in a team designing, building Infrastructure using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef and similar.
- Has experience and understands when to make use of SDK (Python, Ruby, Java and similar), mainly leveraging APIs.
- Reasonable understanding of web technologies (Node, Nginx…Etc.), App and DB (Postgres, Oracle …etc.) mainly around tooling / build process.
- Strong experience designing and implementing at least one public cloud technology such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, certifications get you bonus points.
- Strong grasp of container technology including container orchestration with tools such as Kubernetes or similar.
- Demonstrate commitment to embedding our core values; Excellence, Passion, Learning & Growth.
The below nice to have will get you bonus points:
- Knowledge of Networking constructs Layer2 and Layer3 and OSI.
- Knowledge of WAF, DDOS and modern Firewall applications.
- Knowledge of storage in a traditional landscape.
- Knowledge of Rightscale.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and federated models.